Occupational Health Physiotherapists have extra knowledge, skills and experience in the area of work. This means these physios can provide a service which adds further value to your company and your workforce.
Below are some of the tasks you would expect from a musculoskeletal (muscle joints & bones) Physiotherapist:
- Diagnosis of common Musculoskeletal problems/injuries
- Treatment of these injuries
- Designing and providing progressive rehabilitation programmes
- Postural and prevention advice
In addition to this an Occupational Physiotherapist can add:
- Communication with Managers to increase their understanding of Musculoskeletal problems and their impact on the business
- Help planning Return to Work Programmes
- Collection & Analysis of injury Statistics
- Identifying Patterns of injuries to aid Health & Safety and prevention
- Faster Access to Physiotherapy than a typical NHS route
- Health Promotion which may include workshops or drop in clinics
- Work Station Assessment & Ergonomic Advice
Occupational Health Physiotherapy has been shown to Save Businesses Money by providing an excellent Physio service to their employees, which in turn decreases musculoskeletal Sickness Absence.
If you feel your business may benefit from such a service or would like a Free ‘Needs Analysis’ for us to project whether this service is likely to be cost-effective for you, please get in touch with us here.