Most musculoskeletal complaints we see in our on-site and off-site physiotherapy clinics have a successful outcome. Most presentations respond very well to a course of physiotherapy and rehabilitation helping employees decrease symptoms and get back to normal activities.
Occasionally we have more complex or chronic presentations that need more detailed assessments to help the employer understand how well matched and able to cope an employee is with the demands of their job role.
This is important for many reasons, most importantly the employee’s health, but also the safety of the employee and their colleagues at work and the productivity their department.
Sano Physiotherapists follow ACPOHE training and guidelines on assessing fitness for work and the protocols.
The process of our Fitness for Work & Function Assessments usually includes:
- Physiotherapy clinical assessment – this increases our knowledge of the employee’s condition
- Psychosocial screening – helps us appreciate potential factors that may influence recovery
- Job evaluation – to note the physical demands of the job role and specific tasks
- Functional measurement tests – to improve understand the patient’s ability to do specific functional tasks
- Comparing questionnaire and physical test results to the normative data and the demands of the Job – helps us see how well matched the Employee is to the Job demands
If you feel you or your workplace would benefit from this type of assessment, or any other of our Occupational Health Physiotherapy services, please contact us:
email@example.com or 0800 151 2601